How It Works:
Along with other hydrotherapy treatments, the wet sock treatment consists of a cold water application to the feet. Such treatments can relieve congestion and support immunity by promoting blood flow and nutrients to and from local tissues to internal organs, circulating the lymph (and white blood cells) and allowing the natural course of temperature regulation. Essentially, this treatment can be utilized during times of cold & flu, sinus congestion, ear aches, fatigue and more.
The warming sock treatment is very safe and can be performed on the self or to any family member or friend of any age. The treatment is most convenient at bed time.
- Cotton socks, 1 pair
- Wool socks, 1 pair
- Ice cold water
- Basin, sink or bath tub of warm water
- Hand towel
1. Place feet in hot/warm water or bath for 5-10 minutes
2. Towel Dry feet
3. Using very cold water, wet one pair of thin cotton socks and wring out well.
4. Place cold wet socks on warmed feet.
5. Put one pair of wool socks over the wet socks and climb into bed.
6. Cover up with blankets and sleep. Remove both pairs of socks in the morning and if you (or your child can't stand it), keep them on at least until the socks are dry.
As always, drink plenty of water and fluids to help with circulation of nutrients and immune cells and elimination of toxic waste.
Avoid dairy, sugar and alcohol when ill to reduce inflammation.
Take baths often, epsom salt baths are preferred.
Cheers to health & vitality!
If you are interested in finding out more information about our top cold & flu season products, call or stop by Sonoma Roots Natural Medicine!
Please remember that these tools are not intended to take the place of medical expertise. If you have not been diagnosed with a cold or flu, or you or a loved one you are caring for have a fever exceeding 102 degrees, consult your doctor. If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, please consult a medical professional before starting a new supplement or herbal program.
Prevention of influenza episodes with colostrum compared with vaccination.
Prevention of flu episodes with colostrum and Bifivir compared with vaccination.
About Our Blog: