Warming Sock Home Treatment
How It Works:
Along with other hydrotherapy treatments, the wet sock treatment consists of a cold water application to the feet. Such treatments can relieve congestion and support immunity by promoting blood flow and nutrients to and from local tissues to internal organs, circulating the lymph (and white blood cells) and allowing the natural course of temperature regulation. Essentially, this treatment can be utilized during times of cold & flu, sinus congestion, ear aches, fatigue and more.
The warming sock treatment is very safe and can be performed on the self or to any family member or friend of any age. The treatment is most convenient at bed time.
- Cotton socks, 1 pair
- Wool socks, 1 pair
- Ice cold water
- Basin, sink or bath tub of warm water
- Hand towel
1. Place feet in hot/warm water or bath for 5-10 minutes
2. Towel Dry feet
3. Using very cold water, wet one pair of thin cotton socks and wring out well.
4. Place cold wet socks on warmed feet.
5. Put one pair of wool socks over the wet socks and climb into bed.
6. Cover up with blankets and sleep. Remove both pairs of socks in the morning and if you (or your child can't stand it), keep them on at least until the socks are dry.
As always, drink plenty of water and fluids to help with circulation of nutrients and immune cells and elimination of toxic waste.
Avoid dairy, sugar and alcohol when ill to reduce inflammation.
Take baths often, epsom salt baths are preferred.
Cheers to health & vitality!
About Our Blog:
Sonoma Roots Natural Medicine
651 1st Street West, Suite B
Sonoma, CA 95476
M - Th: 10-5:30pm, Fri 10-2pm
Stay Connected with Us!